This is the acutal recipe (not a copycat) as posted on their website and as printed in the St. Louis Post Dispatch. . This is so yummy and is a St. Louis tradition. This recipe serves 2, so feel free to double or triple it to feed your family. Serve as a main dish (as they do) with a Pasta House Salad on the side! It also makes a nice side dish to grilled chicken..
Pasta House Pasta Con Broccoli
- 4 ounces uncooked large shell pasta
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped broccoli
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced fresh button mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta until half done (about 4 minutes); drain. Return pasta to the pot.
- Add cream, butter, garlic, tomato sauce, broccoli, salt and pepper. Bring to a hard boil.
- When noodles are fully cooked and sauce is starting to thicken, add mushrooms and stir to combine.
- Remove from the heat; add cheese.
- Toss and serve.